2011 Fall Conference News and Notes
October 27, 2011
Filed under NHSPA Fall Convention
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
News and notes from the NHSPA Fall Conference Adviser Meeting that was held Monday, October 17:
- Janelle Schultz is finishing her term as board president and Rod Howe announced he is resigning as the A1 District Representative. Jane Holt’s term as the Class A2 representative is done.
- Elections for NHPSA representatives were held at the meeting. The new district representatives are as follows:
– A1 – Matt Ragsorshek, Omaha Westside
-A2 – Jack Denker, Fremont
-B – Katie Wright, Crete
- Diane Schutt is stepping down as the NHSPA Treasurer and the board acknowledged all of her hard work.
- Marian adviser, Marsha Kalkowski encouraged JEA members to attend the national conventions. This fall’s convention will be held in Minneapolis. The 2012 spring convention is in Seattle. For more information, go to JEA.org.
- Executive Director Mary Kay Quinlan said that she is working closely with the NHSPA and the NSAA to ensure that future State Journalism competitions run smoothly, especially since computer labs are being phased out at Andersen Hall.
- NSAA representative Jim Angele reiterated what Quinlan said and told the board that they are considering changing the format of the state competition so that it can accomodate said changes.
- Courtney Archer announced the dates for the 2012 Summer Workshop. The workshop will be held from July 23 – 26.
- Matt Rasgorshek was selected as this year’s Distinguished Adviser. Rasgorshek is the broadcast and online adviser at Westside High School.